||Xiaohong "Iris" Quan
College of Business
|  Research Interests
|  Return to List
Xiaohong "Iris" Quan is an Associate Professor at San Jose State University. She holds a PhD from the University of California at Berkeley and was a SPRIE Fellow on Stanford Project on Regions of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Stanford University.
Dr. Quan's research interests are in the fields of entrepreneurship, technology and innovation management, international business, and regional economic development. Her recent research involves topics on, for example, entrepreneurial opportunities, immigrant entrepreneurs and professionals in Silicon Valley, multinational corporations' research and development activities in China, and business model innovation in emerging countries. She has published in many academic journals such as IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, and International Journal of Technology Management. She sits on the Editorial Board of IEEE TEM and is currently Associate Editor for International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management. She is also a member of the Steering Committee of Silicon Valley Center for Entrepreneurship at SJSU.
3) Technology management
4) Business model
5) International business
San Jose State University 2007~now
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
(1) Alberto Di Minin, Xiaohong Quan (Author for Correspondence), and Jieyin Zhang. "A Comparison of International R&D Strategies of Chinese Companies in Europe and the U.S." International Journal of Technology Management. (Accepted for publication. Forthcoming)
(2) Xiaohong Quan, Henry Chesbrough (2010). "Hierarchical Segmentation of R&D Process and Intellectual Property Protection: Evidence from Multinational R&D labs in China". IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Vol.57, No.1, pp.9-21.
(3) Chun Hsien Wang, Xiaohong Quan. "Technology acquisition through exploration alliance: network positions and technology diversity". International Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning. (Accepted for publication. Forthcoming)
(4) Hua-hsin Wan, Xiaohong Quan (Author for Correspondence). (2014). "Towards a Framework of the Process of Open Innovation: Case of Acclarent in the Medical Device Industry." International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management. Vol. 11, No.
(5) Xiaohong Quan. (2012) "Prior experience, social network, and levels of entrepreneurial intentions." Management Research Review, Vol. 35, No.10.
(6) Xiaohong Quan (2010). "Knowledge diffusion from MNC R&D Labs in developing countries: Evidence from interaction between MNC R&D labs and local universities in Beijing", International Journal of Technology Management. Vol. 51, Nos. 2/3/4, pp.364-386.
(7) Xiaohong Quan (2012). "Prior experience, social network, and levels of entrepreneurial intentions." Management Research Review, Vol. 35, No.10.
(8) Xiaohong Quan, Yasuyuki Motoyama (2010). "Empirical Disaggregation of Social Networks: A Study of Ethnic Professional Associations and Entrepreneurship in Silicon Valley." Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship
(9) William Y. Jiang, Xiaohong Quan, Shu Zhou, (2010). 'Historical, Entrepreneurial and Supply Chain Management Perspectives on the Semiconductor Industry'. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, Vol.7, No.1. pp.1-18.
(10) Xiaohong Quan, Henry Chesbrough, Jihong Sanderson (2008). 'Managing Intellectual Property in China: Case of the Semiconductor Industry', in Greater China's Innovative Capacities: Progress and Challenges, The Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center, Stanford University, & Brookings Institution Press.