|  Research Interests
|  Return to List
She received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from North Carolina State University in 2010. Her main research is network and system security with an emphasis on malware detection, insider attacks, botnets, traceback to detect attacks. Currently, she is focusing on security issues in Smart Grid, Software Defined Networks, Big Data, internet of Things. Before joining San Jose State University in August, 2013, she was a post-doctoral researcher in the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She was also a post-doctoral research scientist in the Computer Science at Columbia University in New York City in 2011.
She has been a programming committee or session chair for many peer-reviewed IEEE conferences. She holds the Kordestani Endowed Chair in the College of Engineering at SJSU in 2016. She is working on several industry projects in Silicon Valley.
1) System Security
2) Network Security
3) Software Defined Networks
4) Network Functions Virtualization
5) Internet of Things
6) Big Data Security
(1) Researcher, Information Trust Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL USA 08/2012-05/2013.
(2) Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Computer Science, Columbia University, New York, USA 01/2012-12/2012.
(3) Researcher, National Security Research Institute, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), Daejoen, South Korea. 02/2003 - 09/2003.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
(1) Hitesh Padekar, Younghee Park*, Hongxin Hu, Sang-Yoon Chang, "Enabling Dynamic Access Control for Controller Applications in Software-Defined Networks," ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies (SACMAT), June, 2016.
(2) Sang-Yoon Chang, Younghee Park*, Akshaya Muralidharan, "Fast Address Hopping at the Switches: Securing Access for Packet Forwarding in SDN," IEEE Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), Turkey, April, 2016.
(3) Younghee Park, Sang-Yoon Chang, Lavanya M. Krishnamurthy, "Watermarking for Detection Freeloader Misbehavior in Software-Defined Networks," IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications, Hawaii, USA, February 2016.
(4) Juan Deng, Hongxin Hu, Hongda Li, Zhizhong Pan, Kuang-Ching Wang, Gail-Joon Ahn, Jun Bi, Younghee Park, "VNGuard: An NFV/SDN Combination Framework for Provisioning and Managing Virtual Firewalls," IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization & Software Defined Networks (NFV-SDN), San Francisco, USA November 2015.
(5) Sayali Deshpande, Younghee Park, Mark Stamp, "Eigenvalue Analysis for Metamorphic Detection," in Journal of Computer Virology and Hacking Techniques, Feb. 2014.
(6) Younghee Park*, Douglas Reeves, Mark Stamp, "Deriving Common Malware Behavior through Graph Clustering, " The International Journal of Computer and Security, Elsevier, volume 39 November, 2013.
(7) Young June Pyun, Younghee Park*, Douglas S. Reeves, Peng Ning, Xinyan Wang, "Interval-based watermarking for tracing interactive traffic," in the International Journal of Computer Networks, Vol. 56, Pages 1646-1665, Elsevier. Feb. 2012.
(8) Younghee Park, Salvatore J. Stolfo, "Software Decoys for Insider Threat ", in the 7th ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security(ASIACCS), Seoul, South Korea, May 2012.
(9) Younghee Park, Douglas R. Reeves, "Identication of Bot Commands By Run-time Execution Monitoring ", Proceedings of 25th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC 2009), Hawaii, USA, December 2009.
(10) Y. J. Pyun, Young Hee Park, X. Y. Wang, D. S. Reeves, and P. Ning, "Tracing Traffic Through Intermediate Hosts that Repacketize Flows ", Proceedings of 26th Annual IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2007), May 2007.